Friday, January 28, 2011

My Brother, My Friend

My whole life I remember hearing people say 'You look so much like Dj', or 'You and Dj are so much alike'.  As a kid, I recall being offended.  What 14 year old girl wants to be like her mean older brother?? NOT ME! lol...at least not then.

As the years went by, I found that I really was becoming more and more like Dj.  We had similar values, similar goals, and were both addicted to loving our family.  It wasn't long before I realized that not only did I not mind being like him, I was PROUD to say that he and I were alike.

Today, I celebrate the greatness my mom gave the world in my brother DJ.  He is kind.  He is loyal.  He is funny and he is LOVED.  I, for one, can say that knowing him and being a part of his life has made me a better person.

Happy Birthday, Big Brother.  I hope that each day I learn to be a little more like you :)

Taking his wife to Powell Gardens

Chilling with Matthew and Mark at KC's REN FEST


Enjoying life
There's our Silly DJ!...(doesn't he look pretty)

Should Kane look so scared?? lol <3